Unashamedly, we are the no bullshit publishing consultancy. We don’t mince our words, praise for no good reason, or massage egos.
Above all, we help our clients appraise and avoid the pitfalls of operating in an industry that is both traditional and forward-facing.
At the helm is an ex-publisher, sales manager and bookseller of combined 25+ years’ experience in the industry.
Whether as a consultant or hands-on editor authors are guided through the maze of publishing protocols and given best practice and honest advice on all aspects of the industry.
On offer is a spectrum of services packaged at different entry and price points to suit most requirements: from the aspiring author to the seasoned writer, and the business owner to the thought leader / influencer. We also have the facility to Mix it Up! where elements from a service package can be blended with others to make it a bespoke fit.
Below is some of the consultancy and mentoring available.
- Understanding intellectual property, copywright and GDPR
- Identifying your market, routes to publishing, and protocols
- Establishing the right market
- Translating ideas into print
- Writing a winning book proposal for literary agents and/or publishers
- Editorial support – editing, copy-editing and proofreading
- Marketing for reach and sales
- Book design and type-setting
- E-book publishing, distribution, discounts
- Literary agents, publishers, booksellers, book festivals, book fairs
- Book launches, book signings, workshops
Add on services
- Cover design, typesetting and layout
- Print (soft and hardback)
The only service we don’t provide is writing the book! But we do know an experienced, excellent ghostwriter.